Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Snail Mail Pals

Tired of boring envelopes and cardboard boxes? Want to spice up your shipping? I love receiving cute snail mail, so I try and mail cute snail mail. This idea came to me one day after shopping in World Market once I found all these cute owl bags. I've blurred out the addresses in the photo for obvious reasons, but the paper I wrote and taped them on was from some scrapbooking paper I had laying around. All you have to do is cut the handles off of a gift bag, put your gift inside (make sure you use bubble wrap to keep your gift safe), and then fold over and staple or tape it shut! The people at the post office always smiled when they saw what I was bringing in to mail. Sorry for the crappy photo quality, these were taken with cell & laptop cameras.






If anyone wants to be present penpals, I'd love to start mailing little presents like this. Maybe like a small $5 or handmade present each month or something fun like that. Snail mail is fun! I know I love seeing something other than bills in my mailbox. Send me an email if you're interested and I will swap addresses with you!