Friday, December 2, 2011

Consumed Consumer? Not Me.

I am proud to say that I have yet to buy one single holiday related item and I don't plan on it. Yes, this includes gifts. No, I'm not a scrooge or against Christmas...I just really need to save my money. I think that too many people are spending too much money on gifts and decor when all that really matters is spending time together. I guess that's part of being a consumer though, stores make us believe we need all of these things to have a great Christmas. So I'm just going to sit back and listen to everyone else talk about their gifts and decorations they've bought, all while knowing my bank account will not be at all suffering due to societies expectations of what we should be doing for holidays. So for now, I'll just admire all the pretty stuff on Pinterest and possibly tackle some DIYs, only if I have the supplies at home. ;]

via