I saw some decorative arrows the other day while browsing online and now I can't seem to find the original post to link you back to where I got the idea from. Bummer. Anyway, I thought these would make a great addition to my room. I'm going to include a mini-tutorial on how to make them, so you can make your own. Believe me, it's super easy...I'm not sure a tutorial is even necessary - but I'm bored, so you're getting it anyway!
- two (or more) wooden dowels
- painters tape
- paint colors of your choice & paint brush
- paper (I used part of a brown paper bag)
- thumb tacks or nails
- Cut a triangle shape out of your paper and tape it to the ends of the wooden dowels to make a point-like shape, like an arrow should have at the end.
- Gather a few feathers and tape them to the other end of the dowels.
- Use your painters tape and cut it into strips and then place the strips on the dowel in whatever pattern you wish.
- Paint the open areas with the colors of your choice and then allow to dry.
- Remove the tape from the dowel (except the tape holding on the arrow and the feathers) and then paint the remaining areas. I painted mine in white to soften it up and match my room. Allow to dry.
- You're finished! I used two clear thumb tacks to hang mine up above my window.