Thursday, April 21, 2011

Goal Update

Do you remember this little post that I wrote about my own personal goals? Here is a recap of my goals that I had in mind:
  • Follow (and write down) a daily schedule
  • Wake up by 9:30am and go to bed by 10pm
  • Cut back on naps
  • Accomplish one personal goal each day, no matter how little it may seem (walk the dogs, buy someone a gift, fill out a scholarship application, etc
I've been working really hard on 3 out of 4. My sleep schedule has become more "normal", with me usually going to bed between 10:30 and 11:30 and waking up before 11. Which is wayyy better than me staying up till 3, 4, or 5 and then sleeping all day! I've done really well with holding out on naps, so that I will actually stick to this new schedule - but there have been many times that I could barely keep my eyes open, so I easily slipped into nap mode. Overall, the napping has been cut down. I've actually done very well with the accomplishing one personal goal every day. I've really surprised myself with that one. Last week, I walked Parker every day - and even walked a little further than I wanted to some days. He really enjoyed it, so it was nice. Today, I got on the ball with getting some things in order for school and that was nice as well. Every day when I wake up, I still ask myself what my goal will be. It can be as small as actually getting out of the house or making a blog post...it still makes me feel better to know that I've gotten a few tasks done in the day. I haven't been writing down a daily schedule, so that is something I still need to work on. Maybe a dry erase board would help?

A few of you commented on the original post and/or shared your own personal goals with me. How is that going for you? Please feel free to share any updates! I'd love to hear how it's going for you.