Monday, March 14, 2011

I finally checked out some news feed on the damage done to Japan. I've been avoiding it because I didn't want to see how bad it really was. My eyes filled with tears. I feel such a connection to that country after living there for six months. The death toll just reached 1,833 and there are still 2,369 missing. My heart is breaking.

Okinawa did not get hit with anything from this, thankfully. Check out a map, we are quite a bit away from mainland Japan. Matt & all of my dear friends are okay, for those of you asking.

My flight has been postponed once again. They put out a waiver for people who do not feel they should travel through Tokyo at this time and are issuing new tickets if requested. I'm not quite ready to leave and I don't really feel comfortable traveling with everything that is going on there right now.

Please keep that beautiful country in your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. It is heartbreaking to watch any of the coverage there. I cannot imagine, as many others can't as well, what they are going through with this destruction. I have to say, though, that I am glad you are staying and not going back yet. I was worrying about you traveling with everything happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear all your friends are okay and that you're not going to be traveling back until it's a little safer. <3

    ReplyDelete