Saturday, January 21, 2012

Busy Bee!

School has been quite a whirlwind for me. I'm reliving everything I learned about 6 years ago the first time I was in cosmetology school. It's nice to relearn the proper ways to do things because I've forgotten a lot over the years. I was still cutting hair every once and a while and I definitely wasn't always using the techniques I had learned from school - I just cut and it worked - but it's nice to be refreshed on  "rules" behind how to cut and style hair so you have a successful cut/color/style every time.

Being in class all day and then working 3-4 nights a week until midnight is really testing me. I've never been okay with only getting 7-8 hours of sleep. 10 hours has always been the minimum for that next day to be considered decent for me. Even without my regular amount of sleep I feel GOOD! I've been taking Airborne chewable tablets to avoid getting sick since there are a few sick people still coming to school plus I work at a grocery store. So far, so good.

I've been put in charge of planning my brother and his girlfriend's baby shower. We're having it in March and I already have the invitations made. I'm really excited because I love love love decorating and planning stuff like that. Hopefully it will turn out as cute and successful as I imagine in my head!